Monday, October 21, 2013

RPI,Cabelas,wildlife sanctuary=Wednesday

I am finally back...I thought I'd better finish up the trip before I forget it.So I will try to do 2 post today.
So,Wednesday was the whole purpose of the trip..
My dad works for a lawn furniture company and they make most of their furniture from poly-wood (which is recycled plastic) and the company that makes their lumber had open house and wanted Dad to come out and so that is why this big trip was planned.The company had a full day planned with a the factory tour,Cabela's shopping and a visit to a wildlife sanctuary and ending the day with a big dinner.
So here is the process...
First they mix these small plastic wafers with plastic poly regrinds..
When it is mixed together good enough,then it is time to put it thru the machine..
The green stuff that you see in the next photo is the lumber when it is melted together..
Then it goes through cold water where it cools it off
rags wiping off the water





The finished product..
I know the pictures don't really show the whole process but it was really interesting...
I don't have many picture of the day but hopefully you will still get a pretty good glimpse...The above photo shows one thing we purchased at Cabelas..a Starbucks frappe :)
...The Wildlife sanctuary...





(below) Jonathan and his friends were delighted to have a ride in a convertible..

the bus we traveled in..
and then we had dinner at The Woods..
It was a very long but interesting day...
Sara Ann for the Ebersols...




No comments:

Post a Comment